**Our Recruiting philosophy during COVID-19: Wire is still hiring outstanding talents and all applications will be reviewed as usual. Interviews will be conducted via our Wire collaboration app until further notice.**
Wire™ is the most secure collaboration platform, transforming the way businesses communicate at the same speed that our founders disrupted telephony with Skype. Featuring messenger, voice, video, conference calls, file-sharing, and external collaboration – all protected by the most advanced end-to-end encryption. Recognized by IDC, Forrester, and Gartner as one of the most effective and secure communications platforms there is on the market today, Wire is consistently delivering innovative features and solutions from its unique E2EE architecture, open-source software, transforming the secure and private communications in collaboration space with Messaging Layer Security. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for technology, design, and privacy/security. Our goal is to build the leading secure collaboration platform in the world.
YOUR CHALLENGE AT WIRE
Be ready to play an essential role by joining our Engineering team in Berlin. You will create the next generation of our app, based on Message Layer Security, that will set the new standards for secure communications and collaboration in general.
You will be part of the Android chapter, you work closely with the Android Chapter Lead, and interact with the Android chapter members regularly. You’ll also be part of one of our five squads. Your new area of expertise:
- You’ll work on our new Android codebase written in Kotlin and take ownership over certain code modules.
- You’ll contribute to our open source Android codebase written mainly in Scala. Feel free to have a look here https://github.com/wireapp/wire-android
- You’ll interact with your teammates via regular meetings, code review, pair programming, and architectural discussions
- You’ll have the opportunity to coach junior developers.
- You’ll be involved in the technical interviews when we need to hire new members.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You’ve finished your Bachelor in Computer Science or have already gained equivalent industry experience
- You have +5 years experience in developing complex Android applications and are familiar with functional programming paradigms
- You have already gained experience in Kotlin
- You have knowledge about clean architecture
- You can speak fluently in English, German is not required
- You’re a good team player and you know how to share constructive feedback with your teammates
- If you’re familiar with Scala we definitely value this as a plus
- Join a market-proven (>1,000 customers) and fast-growing company and be an active driver for Wire to become the worldwide market leader
- We offer the technology for collaboration from anywhere, so why not enjoy the flexibility to work in a hybrid model? We have a beautiful office in the heart of Berlin and offer our team a mix of working from anywhere vs. spending selected days together in our office to connect on a personal level (always under the umbrella of current pandemic restrictions)
- We're not only developing the future of secured collaboration platforms, we're also investing into our own development: Every new team member gets a yearly education budget granted and can benefit from a holistic cafeteria system to strengthen personal capabilities. Books, conferences, certifications? We got you.
- Highly skilled colleagues and, who will make your career and professional development thrive.
- Individuals who can own their responsibilities tend to be the most satisfied and high performing. We have flat engineering hierarchies and tech leads that empower you, so that you can keep moving forward.
- Join company events and team parties and enjoy daily fruits, snacks, free soft drinks, and the world's best Barista coffee machine(if possible due to restrictions)
- Have a friend looking for an awesome team to join? We reward every successful referral with a generous and above-market referral bonus. Learn more about our program when you've joined the team
Wire is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or being a member of the traveler community.
Have we caught your interest? If you're looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by collaboration and ambition, please submit your application by the link and hear back from us soon!