**Our Recruiting philosophy during COVID-19: Wire is still hiring outstanding talents and all applications will be reviewed as usual. Interviews will be conducted via our Wire collaboration app until further notice.**
Wire is transforming the way businesses communicate at the same speed that our founders disrupted telephony with Skype. Recognized by IDC, Forrester, and Gartner as one of the most secure collaboration platforms on the market, Wire offers messaging, audio/video conferencing, file-sharing, and external collaboration – all protected by the strongest end-to-end encryption. Wire is consistently delivering groundbreaking innovation from its unique “message fortress” architecture, 100% open-source software, and pioneering federation with Messaging Layer Security. Headquartered in Berlin with offices in Switzerland and San Francisco, our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design, and technology to build the leading secure collaboration platform in the world.
YOUR CHALLENGE AT WIRE
Be ready to play an essential role by joining our Corporate Finance and Administration team as a Commercial Law Specialist in Berlin. You will create first milestones for Wire and become a pioneer in transforming how organizations and governments communicate securely. You report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and work closely with the CEO, the Chief Revenue Officer and the whole Commercial Team as well as with our Procurement at Wire. You will also interface with our HR Director. Your new area of expertise:
- You will be responsible for all our commercial and IT law activities for our contracts with international (EMEA/Americas) customers (governments, big companies, NGOs etc.) in software licenses and IT projects
- You will be responsible for securing our IPs, trademarks, patents and domains throughout the world
- You will be responsible for our procurement contracts with international vendors (IT and cloud providers, PR agencies, contractors, real estate owners etc.)
- You will be responsible for our corporate law concerning potential capital increases, mergers and acquisitions
- You will support on labor law questions for our HR director and CEO
- You will take care of our ongoing corporate housekeeping concerning decisions on shareholder level, consulting of our executive board and ensuring important corporate governance documents with notaries and lawyers
- You will be the point of contact with our international partner law firms
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You are passionate about security, privacy, intuitive design, and protecting digital assets
- You have finished law school and have first experience in commercial and IT law topics in SMEs
- You have experience in international business topics and international commercial law
- You like to interact with multiple stakeholders to find optimal solutions for successful business
- You are passionate about learning new topics and growing your knowledge in many professional domains
- You act highly business orientated and are passionate about growing a business and getting new experiences
- You need an international environment and are fluent in business English
- You are an “agile” worker, open-minded to change, and eager to learn about and implement new processes and systems.
- You are passionate about learning and being part of a dynamic team
- Join a market-proven (>1,000 customers) and fast-growing company and be an active driver for Wire to become the worldwide market leader
- Who if not us? We offer the technology for collaboration from anywhere, so why not enjoy the flexibility to work in a hybrid model? We have a beautiful office in the heart of Berlin and offer our team a mix of working from anywhere vs. spending selected days together in our office to connect on a personal level (always under the umbrella of current pandemic restrictions)
- We're not only developing the future of secured collaboration platforms, we're also investing into our own development: Every new team member gets a yearly education budget granted and can benefit from a holistic cafeteria system to strengthen personal capabilities. Books, conferences, certifications? We got you.
- Have a friend looking for an awesome team to join? We reward every successful referral with a generous and above-market referral bonus. Learn more about our program when you've joined the team
- Join company events and team parties and enjoy daily fruits, cereals, beverages, free soft drinks, and the world's best Barista coffee machine in our office (if possible due to restrictions)
Wire is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or being a member of the traveler community.
Have we caught your interest? If you're looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by collaboration and ambition, please submit your application by the link and hear back from us soon!