**Our Recruiting philosophy during COVID-19: Wire is still hiring outstanding talents and all applications will be reviewed as usual. Interviews will be conducted via our Wire collaboration app until further notice.**
Wire is transforming the way businesses communicate at the same speed that our founders disrupted telephony with Skype. Recognized by IDC, Forrester, and Gartner as one of the most secure collaboration platforms on the market, Wire offers messaging, audio/video conferencing, file-sharing, and external collaboration – all protected by the strongest end-to-end encryption. Wire is consistently delivering groundbreaking innovation from its unique “message fortress” architecture, nearly 100% open-source software, and pioneering federation with Messaging Layer Security. Headquartered in Berlin with offices in Switzerland and San Francisco, our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design, and technology to build the leading secure collaboration platform in the world.
YOUR CHALLENGE AT WIRE
As a member of the Service Delivery squad, you will be responsible for our on-prem customers' installs, and ensuring that Wire, the product is in the right shape to serve our customers' needs in their environments. This will involve general familiarity with debugging networking and routing issues in customer environments, deploying our product with Ansible and Kubernetes, and ensuring integrations with SSO, SCIM and AD are configured and functioning with their environment.
You shouldn't have to worry about our cloud environment, or heavy feature development, but your day-to-day work will include setting up new environments to reproduce customer issues, and minor development work on our products to ensure they integrate well with a customer's needs.
Depending on your experience and tastes, you will work with a chapter of other like-minded individuals, be they Android developers, IOS developers, Web developers, or Backend developers.
Your new areas of expertise:
- Deploy and run our services:
- In the cloud (currently we use AWS and Hetzner but some customers use different cloud solutions)
- On bare metal (both for our test clusters and our customers)
- Automate our infrastructure deployment and management (using ansible, terraform, or other), together with other in-house developed tools; we are migrating to Kubernetes though so experience there is highly valued!
- Help our customers with potential issues while running our solution in their environment
- Manage our Cassandra/ElasticSearch clusters
- Ensure continuous service availability (or close to it!)
- Work on Open Source code; you can see a lot of our server code at https://github.com/wireapp/wire-server and our deployment code at https://github.com/wireapp/wire-server-deploy.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- You’re enthusiastic about designing, building, and running distributed and scalable systems
- You have experience with AWS (or other cloud providers), Deployments on bare-metal a huge plus!
- You enjoy automating and documenting yourself away
- You’re curious about strongly typed functional languages is another big plus!
- You feel comfortable with Unix/Linux environments, including the ability to analyze and troubleshoot potential networking issues
- You’re familiar with containerization technologies
- Join a market-proven (>1,000 customers) and fast-growing company and be an active driver for Wire to become the worldwide market leader
- Who if not us? We offer the technology for collaboration from anywhere, so enjoy the flexibility to work in a hybrid model? We have a beautiful office in the heart of Berlin and offer our team a mix of working from anywhere vs. spending selected days together in our office to connect on a personal level (always under the umbrella of current pandemic restrictions)
- We're not only developing the future of secured collaboration platforms, we're also investing into our own development: Every new team member gets a yearly education budget granted and can benefit from a holistic cafeteria system to strengthen personal capabilities. Books, conferences, certifications? We got you.
- Have a friend looking for an awesome team to join? We reward every successful referral with a generous and above-market referral bonus. Learn more about our program when you've joined the team
- Join company events and team parties and enjoy daily fruits, cereals, beverages, free soft drinks, and the world's best Barista coffee machine in our office (if possible due to restrictions)
Wire is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or being a member of the traveler community.
Have we caught your interest? If you're looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by collaboration and ambition, please submit your application at the link and hear back from us soon!