**Our Recruiting philosophy during COVID-19: Wire is still hiring outstanding talents and all applications will be reviewed as usual. Interviews will be conducted via our Wire collaboration app until further notice.**
Wire is transforming the way businesses communicate at the same speed that our founders disrupted telephony with Skype. Recognized by IDC, Forrester, and Gartner as one of the most secure collaboration platforms on the market, Wire offers messaging, audio/video conferencing, file-sharing, and external collaboration – all protected by the strongest end-to-end encryption. Wire is consistently delivering groundbreaking innovation from its unique “message fortress” architecture, 100% open-source software, and pioneering federation with Messaging Layer Security. Headquartered in Berlin with offices in Switzerland and San Francisco, our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design, and technology to build the leading secure collaboration platform in the world.
YOUR CHALLENGE AT WIRE
Be ready to play an essential role by joining our Product Team in Berlin. You will become a pioneer in transforming how organizations and governments communicate securely. You will work closely with the Chief Product Officer and interact with the Product, Engineering, Commercial, and Marketing Teams regularly. Your new area of expertise is:
- You are comfortable in understanding the technical details of Wire products that include topics like security, VoIP, compliance, privacy, and more. Terms like Diffie-Hellman or post-quantum security don’t scare you
- You will collaborate with Engineering, Product, and Commercial teams to create technical specifications and documentation, product documentation, product training material, etc.
- You will have experience in writing technical specifications with attention to detail that provide the basis for implementation by our Engineering team
- You are comfortably collaborating with more than one Engineering team
- You will build consensus with stakeholders and customers to deliver high-quality products on time
- You will collaborate with Design, User Research, Commercial, and Engineering Teams
- You take on the opportunity to shape great user experiences (stories, specifications, PRDs, etc) backed with a detailed understanding of customers
- You will analyze market trends, competitors, product data, and will do research to get a better understanding of owned products
- You will build clear, crisp presentations to all stakeholders and customers
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You have worked multiple years in an engineering environment and know how to communicate with engineers. A technical degree is a plus
- You are familiar with topics like security, privacy, VoIP, and protecting digital assets in general
- You have worked with engineering teams that did iOS and Android mobile and desktop web development
- You are not shy to be hands-on and you’re comfortable understanding deep technical issues and concepts
- You are an authentic pioneer: you have the grit to lead teams in times of uncertainty
- You are familiar with Agile development principles and feel comfortable with the role as a Product Manager
- You know how to maintain a backlog, write technical user stories, and perform deep dives into complex technical problems together with the Engineering team
- You are able to effectively coordinate processes with different team members and other stakeholders
- You are able to organize and manage deliverables
- You can speak fluently in English with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Join a market-proven (>1,000 customers) and fast-growing company and be an active driver for Wire to become the worldwide market leader
- Who if not us? We offer the technology for collaboration from anywhere, so why not enjoy the flexibility to work in a hybrid model? We have a beautiful office in the heart of Berlin and offer our team a mix of working from anywhere vs. spending selected days together in our office to connect on a personal level (always under the umbrella of current pandemic restrictions)
- We're not only developing the future of secured collaboration platforms, we're also investing into our own development: Every new team member gets a yearly education budget granted and can benefit from a holistic cafeteria system to strengthen personal capabilities. Books, conferences, certifications? We got you.
- Have a friend looking for an awesome team to join? We reward every successful referral with a generous and above-market referral bonus. Learn more about our program when you've joined the team
- Join company events and team parties and enjoy daily fruits, cereals, beverages, free soft drinks, and the world's best Barista coffee machine in our office (if possible due to restrictions)
Wire is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or being a member of the traveler community.
Have we caught your interest? If you're looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by collaboration and ambition, please submit your application by the link and hear back from us soon!