We are looking for an experienced engineer for our iOS engineering team which is responsible for building the Wire iPhone and iPad app. Join us to create the best mobile messaging experience and define the new standard of online privacy with strong end-to-end encryption technology. In our team you will be able to develop the best in class user interface and sync library in open-source, showing your code skills to the world.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology. www.wire.com
When you join:
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Functional programming languages, hardware of your choice, adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- Develop architecture and components using Swift and Objective-C.
- Performance analysis and tuning experience including memory usage, CPU utilization, leak checking, etc.
- Develop custom UI with Core Animation and Auto-layout.
- Ensure the highest quality of the software with a test driven development approach.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team through practices such as code reviews and pair programming.
- Work in an agile development process with short release cycles.
- 3+ years experience with mobile applications and mobile development environments.
- Expert knowledge of Swift and Objective-C.
- Good understanding of the concepts of software development: algorithms, data structures, patterns.
- Good understanding of memory and computational complexity.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Object-oriented analysis and architecture design experience.
- 3+ Apps shipped to the App Store.
- Passion for software engineering.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for learning.
- Strong work ethic.
- Familiar with continuous integration systems.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred.