Senior iOS Developer (m/f/d)
**Our Recruiting philosophy during COVID-19: Wire is still hiring outstanding talents and all applications will be reviewed as usual. Interviews will be conducted via our Wire collaboration app until further notice.**
Wire™ is the most secure collaboration platform, transforming the way businesses communicate at the same speed that our founders disrupted telephony with Skype. Featuring messenger, voice, video, conference calls, file-sharing, and external collaboration – all protected by the most advanced end-to-end encryption. Recognized by IDC, Forrester, and Gartner as one of the most effective and secure communications platforms there is on the market today, Wire is consistently delivering innovative features and solutions from its unique E2EE architecture, open-source software, transforming the secure and private communications in collaboration space with Messaging Layer Security. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for technology, design, privacy and security. Our goal is to build the leading secure collaboration platform in the world.
YOUR CHALLENGE AT WIRE
Be ready to play an essential role by joining our Engineering Team in Berlin and working in the iOS Team (currently 5 people). You will create the next generation of our app, based on Message Layer Security, that will set the new standards for secure communications and collaboration in general. You will work closely with Product Managers and interact with other platform teams and squads regularly. Your new area of expertise:
- You work with the team to develop and maintain the Wire iOS application in Swift
- You help us architect new features and propose solutions to engineering problems
- You assist in facilitating discussions and decisions inside the team to reach commonly agreed solutions that consider the input of all team members
- You find and suggest ways to improve our code in order to make it the best it can be
- You share your expertise by participating in code reviews, knowledge sharing sessions, and casual discussions
- You foster personal growth among team members and can become a role model for them
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You have already gained +5 years of experience in iOS development
- You are passionate about security, privacy, intuitive design, and protecting digital assets
- You are able to receive and provide feedback in a constructive and helpful manner
- You have in-depth knowledge of the iOS platform, Swift and are aware of mobile development concerns
- You are familiar with various app architectures and techniques to write readable and maintainable code
- You are passionate about communicating complex concepts to fellow team members
- You are experienced with client-server interaction and persistence frameworks such as Core Data
- Join a market-proven (>1,000 customers) and fast-growing company and be an active driver for Wire to become the worldwide market leader
- We offer the technology for collaboration from anywhere, so why not enjoy the flexibility to work in a hybrid model? We have a beautiful office in the heart of Berlin and offer our team a mix of working from anywhere vs. spending selected days together in our office to connect on a personal level (always under the umbrella of current pandemic restrictions)
- We're not only developing the future of secured collaboration platforms, we're also investing into our own development: Every new team member gets a yearly education budget granted and can benefit from a holistic cafeteria system to strengthen personal capabilities. Books, conferences, certifications? We got you.
- Highly skilled colleagues and, who will make your career and professional development thrive.
- Individuals who can own their responsibilities tend to be the most satisfied and high performing. We have flat engineering hierarchies and tech leads that empower you, so that you can keep moving forward.
- Join company events and team parties and enjoy daily fruits, snacks, free soft drinks, and the world's best Barista coffee machine(if possible due to restrictions)
- Have a friend looking for an awesome team to join? We reward every successful referral with a generous and above-market referral bonus. Learn more about our program when you've joined the team
Wire is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or being a member of the traveler community.
Have we caught your interest? If you're looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by collaboration and ambition, please submit your application by the link and hear back from us soon!