**Our Recruiting philosophy during COVID-19: Wire is still hiring outstanding talents and all applications will be reviewed as usual. Interviews will be conducted via our Wire collaboration app until further notice.**
Wire is transforming the way businesses communicate at the same speed that our founders disrupted telephony with Skype. Recognized by IDC, Forrester, and Gartner as one of the most secure collaboration platforms on the market, Wire offers messaging, audio/video conferencing, file-sharing, and external collaboration – all protected by the strongest end-to-end encryption. Wire is consistently delivering groundbreaking innovation from its unique “message fortress” architecture, 100% open-source software, and pioneering federation with Messaging Layer Security. Headquartered in Berlin with offices in Switzerland and San Francisco, our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design, and technology to build the leading secure collaboration platform in the world.
YOUR CHALLENGE AT WIRE
Be ready to play an essential role by joining our Technology Team in Berlin. You will create first milestones for Wire and become a pioneer in transforming how organizations and governments communicate securely. We are looking for a motivated, highly technical Senior Software QA Engineer who will be acting as a Test designer with excellent testing, programming, problem-solving, debugging, and communication skills. Your focus is to drive the quality of the product by performing testing activities including manual/automation. Your new area of expertise:
- You will be the expert in testing our application on different platforms, e.g. Mobile, Web etc.
- You will execute manual testing and automate test cases
- You will plan and drive test automation efforts with the goal of building concrete regression test coverage, reducing testing time and improving defect identification
- You will design, code, perform and maintain automated scripts, functions/function libraries for Acceptance, Functional, System, Regression and Performance test
- You will monitor and document automation testing results to ensure product functionality and reliability
- You will follow best practices when developing automation code including comment documentation, maintainability, and data-driven development
- You will develop tools to reduce manual repetitive tasks
- You will work with Development and Product Teams to identify/communicate defects and monitor resolutions
- You will troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports
- You will be a voice of quality in every phase of development
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You have gained several years of experience in the area of Quality Assurance & test automation development
- You have advanced knowledge in Java (Groovy or a similar object oriented programming language)
- You are experienced in writing automated tests (not just record/playback) or have programming experience with Java or an equivalent object oriented language
- You thrive when constantly improve processes and solutions, one small step at a time
- You’re able to receive and provide feedback in a constructive and helpful manner
- You describe yourself as a good communicator both inside the team and with other stakeholders
- You’re a routined user of test management systems (e.g. Testrail)
- You have worked with Selenium/Appium test automation or even have experience with Selenium Hub/Grid
- Join a market-proven (>1,000 customers) and fast-growing company and be an active driver for Wire to become the worldwide market leader
- Who if not us? We offer the technology for collaboration from anywhere, so why not enjoy the flexibility to work in a hybrid model? We have a beautiful office in the heart of Berlin and offer our team a mix of working from anywhere vs. spending selected days together in our office to connect on a personal level (always under the umbrella of current pandemic restrictions)
- We're not only developing the future of secured collaboration platforms, we're also investing into our own development: Every new team member gets a yearly education budget granted and can benefit from a holistic cafeteria system to strengthen personal capabilities. Books, conferences, certifications? We got you.
- Have a friend looking for an awesome team to join? We reward every successful referral with a generous and above-market referral bonus. Learn more about our program when you've joined the team
- Join company events and team parties and enjoy daily fruits, cereals, beverages, free soft drinks, and the world's best Barista coffee machine in our office (if possible due to restrictions)
Wire is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or being a member of the traveler community.
Have we caught your interest? If you're looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by collaboration and ambition, please submit your application by the link and hear back from us soon!