**Our Recruiting philosophy during COVID-19: Wire is still hiring outstanding talents and all applications will be reviewed as usual. Interviews will be conducted via our Wire collaboration app until further notice.**
Wire is transforming the way businesses communicate at the same speed that our founders disrupted telephony with Skype. Recognized by IDC, Forrester, and Gartner as one of the most secure collaboration platforms on the market, Wire offers messaging, audio/video conferencing, file-sharing, and external collaboration – all protected by the strongest end-to-end encryption. Wire is consistently delivering groundbreaking innovation from its unique “message fortress” architecture, 100% open-source software, and pioneering federation with Messaging Layer Security. Headquartered in Berlin with offices in Switzerland and San Francisco, our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design, and technology to build the leading secure collaboration platform in the world.
YOUR CHALLENGE AT WIRE
Be ready to play an essential role by joining our Team as a Financial Accountant in Berlin. You will create first milestones for Wire and become a pioneer in transforming how organizations and governments communicate securely. You work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and interact with your highly motivated colleagues (Sr. Finance & Operations Manager and Financial Analyst), the People Team just as with all other operational teams of Wire on a regular basis. Your new area of expertise:
- You will be responsible for processing all vendor invoices in a timely manner to the highest standard.
- You will take over responsibility for ensuring compliance with local regulations in Switzerland and Germany, and for preparing and maintaining payment forecasts for all regular vendors.
- You will manage the contacts with suppliers, maintain the accounts payable inbox as well answer requests from internal co-workers regarding invoices and queries.
- You will take care of reviewing outstanding invoices lists daily, investigate queries, and prepare accounting-related reports and analyses as required.
- You will interact with all teams and approvers within the company to seek clarifications and follow-up on open matters and with suppliers to ensure accurate billing and obtain all necessary receipts.
- You will assist with new processes and systems implementations as required.
- You’ll support the Finance Team in performing high-quality tasks.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You have finished your bachelor's or master's degree in finance or accounting.
- You are passionate about finance and like to deal with numbers. You like to work in an organized way which you improve a little bit every day.
- You know the basics of accounting principles and finance processes and also love to optimize them.
- You are familiar with German VAT regulations and VAT return submissions.
- You are passionate about security, privacy, intuitive design, and protecting digital assets.
- You describe yourself as having highly organizational skills with attention to detail, proactivity, and initiative, as well as excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in German and English.
- You have already gained good experience in MS Office and/or G-Suite, ERP (NetSuite, SAP, Dynamics), database knowledge and easy software coding would be an advantage but not essential.
- You are an “agile” worker, open-minded to change, and eager to learn about and implement new processes and systems.
- You are passionate about learning and being part of a dynamic team.
- Join a market-proven (>1,000 customers) and fast-growing company and be an active driver for Wire to become the worldwide market leader
- Who if not us? We offer the technology for collaboration from anywhere, so why not enjoy the flexibility to work in a hybrid model? We have a beautiful office in the heart of Berlin and offer our team a mix of working from anywhere vs. spending selected days together in our office to connect on a personal level (always under the umbrella of current pandemic restrictions)
- We're not only developing the future of secured collaboration platforms, we're also investing into our own development: Every new team member gets a yearly education budget granted and can benefit from a holistic cafeteria system to strengthen personal capabilities. Books, conferences, certifications? We got you.
- Have a friend looking for an awesome team to join? We reward every successful referral with a generous and above-market referral bonus. Learn more about our program when you've joined the team
- Join company events and team parties and enjoy daily fruits, cereals, beverages, free soft drinks, and the world's best Barista coffee machine in our office (if possible due to restrictions)
Wire is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or being a member of the traveler community.
Have we caught your interest? If you're looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by collaboration and ambition, please submit your application by the link and hear back from us soon!