Our team’s role is to develop our backend services, ranging from authentication and authorization services to storage services, as well as to to build and maintain our infrastructure, ensuring that it runs 24/7. Our infrastructure is set up in the cloud: automated builds and tests for our services are continuously deployed as part of our development pipeline. As a member of our team, you will be an integral part of this whole process!
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology. wire.com
When you join:
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Functional programming languages, hardware of your choice, adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- You will work on Open Source code; you can see a lot of our code at https://github.com/wireapp/wire-server
- Coding in Haskell; Rust is now also gaining some popularity
- Deployment, monitoring, and automated testing of services
- Excited about designing, building, and running distributed and scalable systems
- Interest in statically-typed functional languages is a big plus
- Passion for clean code and elegant solutions (continuously improving current ones)
We highly value experience with:
- AWS (or other cloud providers)
- Automating builds and deployments
- Unix/Linux environments, including the ability to analyze and troubleshoot potential networking issues
- Containerization technologies
BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience