We are looking for Software Engineer, responsible for API and billing, to join our integrations team in Prague in a co-working place. The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated and proactive individual that combines a desire to learn with excellent collaboration and great communication skills.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany, and a sales office in San Francisco, US. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology. wire.com
Work with experts, travels to Berlin IT development center with multicultural team from over 20 nationalities, competitive salary and career growth opportunities.
- Develop new aspects of maintaining existing backend services connecting Wire to various external providers such as: GitHub, Jira, Google Apps, etc.
- Implement new features and provide support for Wire Billing System
- Work with the QA team to provide support for testing
- Work on tools that monitor services in production
- Implement deployments
- At least 2 years of experience building Java services
- Experience designing protocols
- Familiar with AWS, Google Cloud, Kubernetes
- Familiar with NLP/ML
- Ability to set up quick prototypes & solutions using freeware and 3rd party software.
- Strong problem solving abilities, and capable of collaborating with both engineers and business stakeholders
- Great communication skills, genuine team orientation and ability to share and receive feedback
BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience