We are looking for a motivated, fast learning QA Automation Engineer with good programming, problem determination, and communication skills. The role will be supporting user story testing and automating in a high percentage of test cases for efficient CI processes. The successful candidate is someone who is passionate about quality improvements and is a team player. The applicant should have basic knowledge of Java programming and a strong interest in webapp testing.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology. wire.com
When you join:
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Functional programming languages, adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- Develop and maintain automated test cases
- Monitor automation testing results and file bugs to ensure product functionality and reliability
- Develop automation tools needed for testing activities
- Follow best practices when developing automation code, including documentation and maintainability
- Be a voice of quality in every phase of development
- Strong interest in webapp testing
- Two years or more of hands-on experience in programming automation in Java
- Previous experience with Selenium
- Experience in Desktop UI automation is a plus
- Create clear, concise, detail oriented test plans/cases/bug reports
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and execute tasks for meeting project deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work well in a team, self-driven and eager to learn
Bachelor’s degree is required; technical degree preferred