We are looking to hire an intern (40h/week) or working student (15-20h/week) for at least 6 months to help us support our users. This role involves online, asynchronous customer contact, and is focused on improving the quality of users’ experience. If you are a technical person in Berlin with a strong work ethic, interpersonal and language skills, and an interest in joining an engaged and enthusiastic team, we’d like to meet you.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology. wire.com
When you join:
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- Work directly with engineering team to help reproduce and resolve technical customer issues
- Troubleshooting client-reported issues (through analysis of data logs)
- Contributing to testing of mobile application development, using terminal/console, Xcode and/or Android SDK
You are studying towards a degree and have a keen interest in mobile and startup scene.
- Great problem solving and communication skills. We aim to respond to user inquiries as quickly and accurately as possible.
- Familiar with at least two of the platforms - iOS/Android/OS X/Windows
- Good knowledge in Web UI development and Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- Good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS. Experience with CSS pre-processors
- Basic experience in debugging across multiple browsers and mobile devices
- A keen interest in optimizing the speed and performance of websites
- Excellent English language skills; German speaking and writing skills would be a plus
Training in product architecture, troubleshooting and communications will be provided.
Currently studying in Berlin/Brandenburg towards a Bachelor and/or Master's degree, in IT/technology, marketing/business or relevant field of study.