We are looking for a motivated working student (20h/week) or intern (40h/week) to join our Scala on Android engineering team for at least 6 months.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology.
When you join:
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Functional programming languages, adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- Develop new features for the Wire Android client in Scala
- Assist in the maintenance of the Wire Android client, improving code quality and readability, and fixing bugs
- Migrate legacy Java code into Scala
- Develop responsive Android views and layouts in cooperation with our design team.
- Write safe, defensive and tested code that interfaces with our RESTful backend API
- Work in an agile development process with short release cycles
- Improve your software development skills and learn together with the team
- Knowledge of Java and the JVM
- Knowledge of Scala or another functional programming language is desired, and is preferable to knowledge of the Android ecosystem
- Knowledge of the Android SDKs and programming on Android or other mobile environments is desired
- Ability to independently search for solutions to complex problems, to critically evaluate technical choices, and to communicate ideas effectively with other team members
- Enthusiasm for learning and strong work ethic
- Working proficiency in English
Current student or graduate in Computer Science studies or equivalent.