Wire Design is looking for a motivated, experienced Senior UI/UX Designer with a keen eye to help create fantastic digital products, great user experiences and exceptional user interfaces. You will work with us to perfect the existing feature set, and to help create new product features. Wire Design is a small and friendly multi-national bunch, and we are looking for a team player with a eye for detail to join.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany, and a sales office in San Francisco, US. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology. wire.com
When you join:
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, design solutions, and process flows to communicate interaction
- Work on existing features and designing new concepts, full stack — from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Work independently on your own ideas and concepts
- Keep a close eye on existing design and technology developments and incorporate them to your and team’s process
- Report to Head of Design
- Minimum 4 years of experience in UI/EX design
- Passion for mobile, desktop and web user interface design
- Proficiency in modern design tools (Sketch, Illustrator)
- Understanding of user testing and analyzing feedback
- Ability to switch between working independently and in a team and to explain your work
- Solid understanding of principles of color, type, illustration
- Open-mindedness towards new ideas and changes
- Required: a portfolio of your work and a good command of English language
- Strong plus: rapid prototyping skills with common tools like Framer, Flinto or Principle, understanding of HTML/CSS/JS and experience with GitHub
If you have a degree in design, that is definitely a plus, but more importantly — we want to see your talent, enthusiasm, and initiative to iterate and improve.