Our team’s role is to develop our backend services, ranging from authentication and authorization services to storage services, as well as to to build and maintain our infrastructure, ensuring that it runs 24/7. Our infrastructure is set up in the cloud: automated builds, continuous deployments and integration tests for our services are all part of our development pipeline. As a member of our team, you will be an integral part of this whole process!
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology. wire.com
When you join:
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Functional programming languages, adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- Deploy and run our services in the cloud (currently we use AWS)
- Automate our infrastructure deployment and management (using ansible or other), together with other in-house developed tools; we are migrating to Kubernetes though so experience there is highly valued!
- Manage our own Cassandra/ElasticSearch clusters
- Ensure services are up and running 24/7
- Work on Open Source code; you can see a lot of our server code at https://github.com/wireapp/wire-server
- Excited about designing, building, and running distributed and scalable systems
- Experience with AWS (or other cloud providers)
- Deployments on bare-metal a huge plus!
- Experience in automating builds and deployments
- Unix/Linux environments, including the ability to analyze and troubleshoot potential networking issues
- Containerization technologies
We highly value:
- Interest in statically-typed functional languages
- Passion for clean code and elegant solutions (continuously improving current ones)
Further, technologies we are working with and, therefore, experience there will be highly valued:
- Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible
- Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana
- Haskell, Rust
- Docker, systemd, rkt
BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience