We are looking for a motivated, fast learning QA Automation Engineer with good programming, problem determination, and communication skills. The role will be supporting user story testing and automating in a high percentage of test cases for efficient CI processes. The successful candidate is someone who is passionate about quality improvement and is a team player. The applicant should have good knowledge of Java programming and a strong interest in iOS app testing.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology. wire.com
When you join:
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Functional programming languages, adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- Create and execute test cases for new stories
- Develop test cases in Java following the BDD process
- Collaborate with the designers on spec and use cases
- Automate and maintain test cases on the CI server
- Find, troubleshoot, investigate bugs and log them in Jira
- Work closely with the software developers
- Share insights and bugs with the other QA members
- 2+ years experience in automation testing
- Good knowledge of Java
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Experience in working with CI is a plus
- Proactive and open minded person with the ability to think critically
- Good analytical skills and willingness to track down root causes of issues
- Excellent communication skills in English
Bachelor’s degree is required; technical degree preferred