We are looking for a motivated, design-driven Senior Web Developer who can implement a scalable and flexible frontend architecture using React. In this position, you will be working in our web development team, collaborating closely with UX/UI designers and product management.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology. wire.com
When you join:
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Functional programming languages, adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- Implementing functionality according to design specifications
- Constructing smooth & pleasant user interfaces
- Creating reusable React components
- Migrating existing frontend code to new technologies (React, Redux)
- Maintain a living style guide
- In-depth knowledge of React & Redux
- A keen eye for great design
- Master knowledge of CSS-based Layouts (Flexbox, Grids & Floats)
- Enjoy collaborative environments and pair programming
- Handling Responsive Web Design (Media Queries, Flexible Images, SVGs, ...)
- Practical use of a CSS style guide (BEM, OOCSS or SMACSS)
- Interest in the latest frontend technologies, e.g. Web Components
- Experience with build tools (Webpack, Gulp, npm scripts)
Bachelor’s degree is required; technical degree preferred