Microsoft Desktop Support Specialist (m/f/d)
Wire is transforming the way businesses communicate at the same speed that our founders disrupted telephony with Skype. Recognized by IDC, Forrester, and Gartner as one of the most secure collaboration platforms on the market, Wire offers messaging, audio/video conferencing, file-sharing, and external collaboration – all protected by the strongest end-to-end encryption. Wire is consistently delivering groundbreaking innovation from its unique “message fortress” architecture, 100% open-source software, and pioneering federation with Messaging Layer Security. Headquartered in Berlin with offices in Switzerland and San Francisco, our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design, and technology to build the leading secure collaboration platform in the world.
YOUR CHALLENGE AT WIRE
Within the Engineering Department and as part of the Technical Troubleshooting / Solutions Team, you will be in charge of handling customer issues / troubleshooting especially to cater specifically to our German clientele. Issues can vary in variety depending on the platform and the Wire app client being used but should be specifically adept in handling issues related to our Wire app installation on the Windows platform. This is a self-starter position which requires you to become adept in troubleshooting the technical issues pertaining to the Wire app client installation / its usage and to update and maintain a knowledge base which can generally be used by the technical support team for our customers.
In more details, we are looking for someone who will be:
- Responsible for troubleshooting desktop environments running Microsoft Windows operating systems for the deployments of Wire secure messaging client
- Develop technical documentation / knowledge base based on known issues and workarounds
- Identifying and resolving issues related to computer and network connectivity for Wire deployments on Windows environment
- Working both independently and as a part of a team
- Observing the impact of upgrading Windows hardware, software, and other applications on Wire desktop applications
- Providing technical support to clarify Windows desktop problems
- Assisting in testing, analyzing and resolving issues related to Windows operating systems
- Providing enhanced desktop and customer support services, remotely as well as onsite
- Active knowledge of the Electron framework is a bonus
- Microsoft certification is a bonus.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Desktop operating system support experience
- Full professional proficiency in German and English
- Ideally located in Berlin; must be located in Germany
- German citizenship is required, and willingness to subject yourself to the S2 security check (Sicherheitsüberprüfung) of the German Government (SÜG §9)
- Zendesk, Jira and Confluence knowledge / ticketing systems
- Self starter, cTeam player and experienced in managing customer expectations
- Comfortable being Customer facing, taking responsibilities in setting up troubleshooting sessions and involving the right participants to resolve the issue if required
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be calm under pressure
- Proactive attitude towards resolving customer issues
Join a market-proven (>1,000 customers) and fast-growing company and be an active driver for Wire to become the worldwide market leader
- We offer the technology for collaboration from anywhere, so why not enjoy the flexibility to work in a hybrid model? We have a beautiful office in the heart of Berlin and offer our team a mix of working from anywhere vs. spending selected days together in our office to connect on a personal level
- We're not only developing the future of secured collaboration platforms, we're also investing into our own development: Every new team member gets a yearly education budget granted and can benefit from a holistic cafeteria system to strengthen personal capabilities. Books, conferences, certifications? We got you.
- Highly skilled colleagues and, who will make your career and professional development thrive
- Individuals who can own their responsibilities tend to be the most satisfied and high performing. We have flat engineering hierarchies and tech leads that empower you, so that you can keep moving forward
- Join company events and team parties and enjoy daily fruits, snacks, free soft drinks, and the world's best Barista coffee machine
- Have a friend looking for an awesome team to join? We reward every successful referral with a generous and above-market referral bonus. Learn more about our program when you've joined the team
Wire is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or being a member of the traveler community.
Have we caught your interest? If you're looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by collaboration and ambition, please get in touch with Müge Coskun - Recruitment Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)