We are in the process of introducing Kotlin in our already existing application, starting from the UI. You would be responsible for planning and executing this transition in collaboration with the rest of the Android team, but this is just the start. Depending on your goals, your contributions could extend to work on synchronization and caching libraries, learning Scala, improve CI and automation lab, shape internal process, work cross-platform concerns.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design and technology. You can find us at https://wire.com
When you join:
- Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
- Functional programming languages, adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, tech talks, free language classes, breakfasts and lunches.
- Work on our public Android application
- Introduce Kotlin in the app the UI layer
- Work on Open Source code; you can see our code at https://github.com/wireapp
- Interact with the team, the company and the open source community via code review, pair programming, coaching, architectural discussions
- Kotlin experience
- Professional experience developing complex Android UIs
- Familiarity with functional programming paradigms
- Happy to debate architectural choices with the team in a constructive manner
- Excited about working in an inclusive and diverse environment
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Scala is a plus
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience