The Customer Success Manager (CSM) will support the post-sales customer lifecycle as it relates to customer adoption, on-going support, programme optimization and expansion. CSMs are the main interface for all Wire-related inquiries and build relationships with all relevant stakeholders as trusted advisor.
As a CSM you will be responsible for customer retention and the prevention of churn across our customer base. You must have a strong understanding of our customers’ business objectives and the ability to identify and articulate how our solution supports achievement of the customers’ strategic business goals.
The CSM also manages the customer experience across our customer base, meeting agreed retention and usage targets. The CSM is responsible for understanding the ‘health’ of our customers, ensuring they grow into Wire advocates.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology. Wire.com
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Drive adoption of Wire Pro, Wire Enterprise or Wire Red leading to renewal and potential for new business.
- Work with the sales teams to facilitate a seamless customer onboarding process, ensuring a smooth ‘go live’ and introduction.
- Ensure the customers business objectives are met, to create long-lasting value for the customer and for us.
- Track customer activity, proactively identifying and prioritising resources and effort according to perceived risk, potential growth, strategic value and renewal timeframe.
- Closely monitor adoption rates of assigned accounts and provide insights to customers. Feed this back to the sales and marketing teams.
- Work together with the marketing team to build customer testimonials and referrals.
- Create and contribute to ‘Thought Leadership’ content and proactively seek opportunities to educate across the business on industry knowledge and customer best practice.
- Anticipate customers’ requirements and possible challenges – make our customers successful
- Promote Wire’s services (enhancements / updates / new initiatives / maintenance) through the relationships you have created. Identify potential issues and work with the wider business to take timely and effective action to resolve them.
- Contribute to the development of Wire’s goals, growth and profitability targets by being an active member of the Wire team.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to understand customer requirements and develop curated guides to ensure success for the customer. Be able to plan long-term to increase customer value over time.
- Data-driven with a commitment to processes; drive/track consistent engagement processes. Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, results-oriented culture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinker with the ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Extremely well-organized and analytical with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong team player as well as a proactive individual contributor.
- Ability to grasp basic technical concepts and motivation to learn.
- Fluent in English. Proficiency of German would be a plus.
- Preferably, 3+ years of work experience in Customer Success
- Previous experience with an annual subscription sales model preferred.
- Previous experience with Zendesk, Salesforce, Marketo or similar.
- Track record of driving customer success and aligning within complex customer environments at executive and department levels.