You would be contributing to the development of the Wire iOS open-source application, written in Swift. Depending on your goals, your contributions could extend to work on synchronization and caching libraries, suggest and apply architectural patterns to the UI, improve CI and automation lab, shape internal process, work on cross-platform concerns.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design and technology. You can find us at https://wire.com
When you join:
- Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
- Functional programming languages, adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, free language classes, breakfasts and lunches.
- Work on our public iOS application
- Write high-quality, peer-reviewed Swift code
- Work on Open Source code; you can see our code at https://github.com/wireapp
- Interact with the team, the company and the open source community via code review, pair programming, coaching, architectural discussions
- Swift experience
- Professional experience developing complex iOS UIs
- Familiarity with functional programming paradigms
- Happy to debate architectural choices with the team in a constructive manner
- Excited about working in an inclusive and diverse environment
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Core Data
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience