These integrations need to interact with our Backend API which is hosted on AWS but also running on our customers’ premises.
You will be involved in shaping the bot infrastructure together with the Backend team, but mainly you will be focused on building new integrations. We want to take our integration API to the next level and allow virtually anyone to be able to write new integrations and help grow our marketplace!
Furthermore, you will also be involved with our billing system, which is currently using Stripe as a third-party.
Most integrations are written in Java, as you can see at https://github.com/wireapp/lithium but we are flexible and open to other options if they make sense! You will be creating plenty of microservices and deploying them on Kubernetes, keeping track of their performance using Prometheus, Grafana and a few other tools that fit nicely with Kubernetes. We are looking for someone who can work the process all the way from gathering requirements together with the design team to deploying the service to production. If this sounds like you… please apply!
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design and technology. Wire.com
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Modern languages and tech stack, adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- Work on Open Source code; you can see a lot of examples at https://github.com/wireapp/lithium
- Automate your infrastructure deployment and management (using ansible, terraform or others)
- Deploy and run services in the cloud
- Help our customers with potential issues regarding their integrations
- Excited about designing, building, and running distributed and scalable systems
- Experience with AWS, GCP (or other cloud providers)
- Experience in automating builds and deployments
- Experience with RESTful APIs and Microservices
- Unix/Linux environments, including the ability to analyze and troubleshoot potential networking issues
- Containerization technologies
We highly value:
- Passion for clean code and elegant solutions (continuously improving current ones)
- Experience with billing systems
Further, the technologies we are working with and, therefore, experience there will be highly valued:
- Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible
- Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana
BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Berlin is preferred, but remote also possible!
We are very interested in your motivation to apply and why you want to work for Wire. Could you please let us know in 2 to 3 sentences.