Who we are:
Wire is a global start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany, and a sales office in San Francisco, US. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology.wire.com
Our People and Office Team is looking for a motivated Workplace & People Operations Manager to support with coordination and administration of our office processes.
Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high level of organisational efficiency and providing administrative assistance.
The Workplace & People Operations Manager should be able to ensure that the office runs smoothly and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
As an asset to our team you will:
- Help shape our office culture and ensure our colleagues have a workplace that promotes productivity, collaboration, and creativity
- Manage the purchasing of equipment and office supplies
- Be the go-to person to help all of our employees with questions and workplace-related requests to empower them with a better experience in the office
- Assist with people tasks, related to facilitating interviews, onboarding new employees and offboarding
- Plan / Assist in planning in-house and off-site activities, like our team events, Tech Talks, Meet-ups, etc.
- Bring in new ideas to create and improve structured processes and workflows within office management
- Greet guests and be the contact person for Third parties
- Support accounting and controlling with invoice registration and documentation
- Assist our team with managing meetings, as well as travel arrangements
- Collaborative - you are the heart and soul of our office and you strive to help your colleagues to their satisfaction
- Empathetic - you have a positive attitude and enjoy helping others; stressful situations cannot break your calmness and friendliness, you are a service oriented, but creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Proactivity- you don’t just wait for tasks, but look for ways to improve everything all the time
- Experience - you have some related experience with setting priorities and staying highly organized
- Improvement - you are constantly thinking about how you personally can optimize the workplace, you introduce new ideas to make for a smoother workplace experience and you are open to and love taking ownership of initiatives that make everyone's day-to-day office experience better
- Languages- you are fluent in German and English, any additional language is a plus
You will be working with experienced highly motivated professionals from all over the world in a modern workspace in the heart of Berlin. We have a flat hierarchy, a lot of flexibility including relaxed dress code and office perks.