**Our Recruiting philosophy during COVID-19: Wire is still hiring outstanding talents and all applications will be reviewed as usual. Interviews will be conducted via our Wire collaboration app until further notice.**
Wire™ is the most secure collaboration platform, transforming the way businesses communicate at the same speed that our founders disrupted telephony with Skype. Featuring messenger, voice, video, conference calls, file-sharing, and external collaboration – all protected by the most advanced end-to-end encryption. Recognized by IDC, Forrester, and Gartner as one of the most effective and secure communications platforms there is on the market today, Wire is consistently delivering groundbreaking innovation from its unique “message fortress” architecture, 100% open-source software, quantum-resistant security, and pioneering federation with Messaging Layer Security. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany and a sales office in San Francisco, USA. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design, and technology. Our goal is to build the leading secure collaboration platform in the world.
YOUR CHALLENGE AT WIRE
Be ready to play an essential role by joining our Engineering team in Berlin. You will create first milestones for Wire and become a pioneer in transforming how organizations and governments communicate securely. You work closely with the Director, Mobile Platforms, and interact with other platform teams regularly. Your new area of expertise:
- You’ll work on our Android application mainly written in Kotlin
- You’ll introduce Kotlin in the User Interface layer of our Android app
- You’ll work on Open Source code; feel free to take a look at Wire’s code at https://github.com/wireapp
- You’ll interact with other teams, the company, and the open-source community via code review, pair programming, coaching, and architectural discussions
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You’ve finished your Bachelor in Computer Science or have already gained equivalent industry experience
- You’re passionate about security, privacy, intuitive design, and protecting digital assets
- You have already gained Koitlin experience and are a routined user
- You’re experienced in developing complex Android applications and are familiar with functional programming paradigms
- You’re passionate about architectural choice debates with the team in a constructive manner
- If you’re familiar with Scala we definitely value this as a Plus
- Join a market-proven (>1,000 customers) and fast-growing company and be an active driver for Wire to become the worldwide market leader
- Who if not us? We offer the technology for collaboration from anywhere, so enjoy the flexibility to mix working from Wire's beautiful office in the heart of Berlin (if possible again) as well as from your home
- Join company events and team parties and enjoy daily fruits, cereals, beverages, free soft drinks, and the world's best Barista coffee machine
Wire is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or being a member of the traveler community.
Have we caught your interest? If you're looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by collaboration, ambition, privacy, and security please submit your application by the link below and hear back from us soon!