**Our Recruiting philosophy during COVID-19: Wire is still hiring outstanding talents and all applications will be reviewed as usual. Interviews will be conducted via our Wire collaboration app until further notice.**
Wire is transforming the way businesses communicate at the same speed that our founders disrupted telephony with Skype. Recognized by IDC, Forrester, and Gartner as one of the most secure collaboration platforms on the market, Wire offers messaging, audio/video conferencing, file-sharing, and external collaboration – all protected by the strongest end-to-end encryption. Wire is consistently delivering groundbreaking innovation from its unique “message fortress” architecture, 100% open-source software, and pioneering federation with Messaging Layer Security. Headquartered in Berlin with offices in Switzerland and San Francisco, our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design, and technology to build the leading secure collaboration platform in the world.
YOUR CHALLENGE AT WIRE
Be ready to play an essential role by joining our Finance team as an Accounts Payable Specialist (m/f/d) in Berlin. You will create first milestones for Wire and become a pioneer in transforming how organizations and governments communicate securely. You work closely with the Sr. Finance & Operations Manager and Financial Analyst and interact with Human Resources and other Operational teams regularly. Your domain of expertise:
- You’ll work on ensuring all invoices are processed in a timely manner to the highest standard
- You’ll introduce high organization skills and attention to detail, proactivity, and initiative, as well as excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in German and English
- You’ll manage the contacts with suppliers, maintain the accounts payable inbox as well answer requests from internal co-workers regarding invoices and queries
- You’ll take care of reviewing outstanding invoices lists daily, investigate queries, and prepare accounting-related reports and analysis as required
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring compliance with local regulations in Switzerland and Germany, and for preparing and maintaining payment forecast for all regular vendors
- You’ll assist with new process and systems implementations as required
- You’ll interact with all teams and approvers within the company to seek clarifications and follow-up on open matters and with suppliers to ensure accurate billing and obtain all necessary receipts
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You’ve finished your Bachelor or Master University degree in Finance or Accounting
- You’re passionate about security, privacy, intuitive design, and protecting digital assets
- You have already gained experience in Microsoft Excel and are a routined user
- You’re an “agile” worker, open-minded to change, and eager to learn about and implement new processes and systems
- You have familiarity with German VAT regulations and VAT return submissions
- Join a market-proven (>1,000 customers) and fast-growing company and be an active driver for Wire to become the worldwide market leader
- Who if not us? We offer the technology for collaboration from anywhere, so enjoy the flexibility to mix working from Wire's beautiful office in the heart of Berlin (if possible again) as well as from your home
- Join company events and team parties and enjoy daily fruits, cereals, beverages, free soft drinks, and a world-class Barista espresso machine
Wire is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or being a member of the traveler community.
Have we caught your interest? If you're looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by collaboration and ambition, please submit your application by the link below and hear back from us soon!