**Our Recruiting philosophy during COVID-19: Wire is still hiring outstanding talents and all applications will be reviewed as usual. Interviews will be conducted via our Wire collaboration app until further notice.**
Wire™ is transforming the way businesses communicate at the same speed that our founders disrupted telephony with Skype. Recognized by IDC, Forrester, and Gartner as one of the most secure collaboration platforms on the market, Wire offers messaging, audio/video conferencing, file-sharing, and external collaboration – all protected by the strongest end-to-end encryption. Wire is consistently delivering groundbreaking innovation from its unique “message fortress” architecture, nearly 100% open-source software, and pioneering federation with Messaging Layer Security. Headquartered in Berlin with offices in Switzerland and San Francisco, our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design, and technology to build the leading secure collaboration platform in the world.
YOUR CHALLENGE AT WIRE
Be ready to play an essential role by joining our product team in Berlin. You will create the first milestones for Wire and become a pioneer in transforming how organizations and governments communicate securely. You work closely with the Chief Product Officer and interact with the Product, Commercial, Marketing and Engineering teams regularly. Your new area of expertise:
- Ownership - You will be responsible for multiple features and components as part of the Design Team.
- Creation - You will deliver high-quality mocks for 1 Squad (consists of Product, Engineering, and Design) and be responsible for validating, prototyping your squad features.
- Team Work - You are comfortable working collaboratively with Product & Engineering.
- Curiosity - You will work closely with User Research and Commercial teams to conduct user interviews.
- Action - You will present your validated work to the company, both internally and externally.
- Design Passion - You are highly competent in at least two of the following expertise areas - Interaction Design, Visual Design, Prototyping, Branding/Marketing, User Research.
- Fluency - You will be comfortable speaking to users in both English and German (German is a big bonus but not necessary).
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You’ve finished your graphic design, human-computer interaction, or design studies or have already gained equivalent industry experience
- You’re passionate about security, privacy, intuitive design, and protecting digital assets
- You’re experienced in product design and have several years of experience.
- You’re passionate about design, user experience, and deep empathy for user needs.
- You can speak fluently in English and German. (German is a big bonus but not necessary).
- Join a market-proven (>1,000 customers) and fast-growing company and be an active driver for Wire to become the worldwide market leader
- Who if not us? We offer the technology for collaboration from anywhere, so enjoy the flexibility to mix working from Wire's beautiful office in the heart of Berlin (if possible again) as well as from your home
- Join company events and team parties and enjoy daily fruits, cereals, beverages, free soft drinks, and the world's best Barista coffee machine
Wire is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or being a member of the traveler community.
Have we caught your interest? If you're looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by collaboration and ambition, please submit your application by the link below and hear back from us soon!